Re: FW: Ron Sebastian - Des Plaines Hobbies

Dennis Storzek

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 09:27 AM, Charlie Vlk wrote:
I believe he also had a career as a FAA Crash Investigator besides his military helicopter service both in the Army and National Guard.
Since we are discussing Ron's CV, there is a chapter missing. I know Ron flew choppers in Nam, but when I met him in the eighties at his original vest pocket store in Des Plaines, he was already out of the army (don't know about the National Guard) and was working as a civilian pilot for some gov't agency. That came to an end with his heart attack, which occurred after he had moved the shop to the big store in the shopping center. Yes, he did take a position as an investigator with the FAA, but it wasn't long before he decided that wasn't for him and took his pension and devoted his full energies to the store.

Dennis Storzek