Re: FW: Ron Sebastian - Des Plaines Hobbies

Steve and Barb Hile

I can't remember the first time I visited Des Plaines Hobbies.  It was probably in the late 1980's or early 90's.  In those days, I often had a meeting in Racine, Wisconsin and on my return trip to Naperville, I could visit Iron Horse Hobbies in Kenosha and/or DPH.  I remember the smaller store at the north side of the strip mall and that Ron was excited to move to the larger store to the south.  I had to get off the Tri-State at Golf Road and wind my way through the forest preserve and downtown Des Plaines to get to the shop.

I remember Ron being an acerbic wit, but always extremely friendly and helpful once I got to know him.

My sincere condolences to Sue and the family.

Thanking Ron for his service to his country and his customers in the hobby,
Steve Hile