Re: Round roof double door boxcar

leakinmywaders

To put a finer point on the history of the DT&-I 50-ft round roof cars leased to NP,  A.A. Morrison acquired 110 of them about 1960, and rebuilt them to NP specifications for lumber service, and leased them to that road as NP 39500-39609.  I think the only outward change was a very slightly deeper side sill extension under the door openings.  Even wood running boards were retained. For those interested, Matt Herson and I researched the history of all three classes of round roof steel cars leased to NP, and published details in the NPRHA Mainstreeter, Vol. 29, No. 2, Summer 2010.