Re: Illinois Central R-40-10 reefer colors

Tony Thompson

Depends on era. IIRC the scheme you have is the as-built scheme. Others on the list can doubtless enlarge on this.
Tony Thompson

On Oct 8, 2019, at 8:52 AM, Fred Jansz <fred@...> wrote:

Hi all,
purchased this smart looking IC 50039 reefer for my reefer collection.
Checked the group's archives and could find two paint suggestions:
- green ends, silver roof (Hendrickson)
- black ends black roof; w. silver over blk roof, run board still black, black stripe under roof (instead of green) (IC paint diagram)
- others suggest green ends & roof
When I look at the model Mr. Hendrickson painted, it has black ends & roof.
Which scheme is the correct one?
(if there is one...)
best regards,
Fred Jansz