Re: Lehigh Valley 4-Bay Hopper

Tim O'Connor

Don't forget the 70 ton trucks! There are now a couple of nice implementations
of plain bearing 70 ton trucks with 3 outboard springs - Kadee and Tangent, and
maybe others.

On 10/8/2019 1:48 PM, Scott Seders wrote:
Below is a diagram for the woodchip car conversion LV did.

Scott Seders
Salisbury, MD

On Oct 8, 2019, at 12:34 PM, Benjamin Hom <b.hom@...> wrote:

Tim O'Connor wrote:
"We have indeed discussed the Hobbyline model in the past - it even has cutouts underneath to clear the wheels.

Because it is such a mediocre model, I wonder if a stand-in is not a better choice?

For example, could a Bowser H25 have the ribs sanded/filed off and then re-ribbed to resemble the Lehigh Valley car?"

The Bowser model is not Class H25, but Class H21A.  I don't have an LV ORER or diagram book handy at the office, but my gut feeling is the LV car is taller, and you'd have to rework the end details as well.

You'd probably be better off taking the sanding block to the HObbytown model if you go that route.

Ben Hom

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts