Model Help

Lester Breuer

I was gifted this HO Train-Miniature NP Hopper lettered correctly for the Np and being 35ft inside inside ( Rather than 34ft 9 inches as the prototype) it could be reworked into a NP Hopper in the 70050-70199 series which had 6 panels rather than 9 as the AAR standard design with 33 ft inside.  Rivets pattern also need correction.  I began the process ( 2nd Photo) and began wondering if there is a better model for the project. Is there a better model for a starting point?  Thanks for your time and effort to help in advance.

Lester Breuer