Re: Swift Reefers

Tony Thompson

Yeah, there’s some fool publisher that keeps doing reefer books.
Tony Thompson

On Oct 11, 2019, at 4:51 PM, Roger Huber via Groups.Io <trainpainter@...> wrote:

Sounds like some adventurous soul needs to get going on a book about the Swift cars. We have books on the PFE, ART and MDT reefers so now it's time for the Swift cars!

Roger Huber
Deer Creek Locomotive Works

On Friday, October 11, 2019, 09:10:49 AM CDT, Joseph <Mstl852@...> wrote:

It would be interesting to collate this info with build dates. I realize this is the minefield, what with rebuildings and later acquisitions.  Paint scheme data is helpful

Thanks for posting

Joe Binish

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 8:53 AM Douglas Harding <doug.harding@...> wrote:

Steve, Martin included a roster of Swift cars in his 2-93 article. That is the only list I recall ever seeing, beyond notes in Gene Green’s Color reefer book.

There was list of Swift cars in the 7-93 RMJ, listing cars seen and photographed in 1935. The author also makes reference to a list published in the 4-93 issue of RMJ. Alas the TrianLife database is not cooperating this morning, so I’m not able to confirm what was in the 4-93 issue.

Doug  Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org