From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Donald B. Valentine via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2019 3:30 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Painting A Boxcar On The RIP Track

Hello Bruce,

    There is no speculation involved here at all. To me the man is NOT spray painting. Look hard at the equipment being

used. Have your or anyone else ever seen a spray gun with a nozzle at the end of a pipe some 8 to 10 feet long? I have

not. Anything is possible but we have a piece of equipment at one place I work that look almost exactly like what it seen

in the photo but it is a sand blast unit, not a sprat paint unit. Having a Doctorate in Inorganic Chemistry I have spoken

with Bill Aldrich about h the photo. He feels it "could" be a paint system but seriously questions its use outdoors in

weather cold enough to have snow on the ground. It would require well thinned paint and good pressure to keep the

paint particles for precipitating from whatever medium they were carried in and questions how long one could paint like

this without things plugging up badly as soon as the flow was shut off. It is too bad I cannpt enlarge the photo to get a

better view of it but It is going to take at least that to convince me this is not a sandblast rig very similar to the one I

am familiar with.