Re: Photo: Painting A Boxcar On The RIP Track

Dennis Storzek

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 03:11 PM, gary laakso wrote:
Plus there is snow at the top of the door track.
But the roof was painted (and it looks freshly painted or coated with car cement, as does the end) yesterday, or the day before, before it snowed. The angle the guy is working from is automatically going to form a color separation at the tip of the top plate of the side, which is hopefully not wet from the snow melt, but hey, the boss said "There's a war going on, get it painted so we can letter it and get it back on the road."

I suspect when he gets to the end of the side he's going to angle the blowpipe so he paints the near side of the corner, without too much over spray on the end. These rigs put out big droplets, and not much spray dust, you'll note there is no cloud of over spray where the fan of paint from the nozzle is hitting the carside. These rigs were designed for coverage, not surface finish. :-)

Dennis Storzek