Re: Suggestions For Wire Load Ties

x702samc

An old modelers trick (I’m sure many of you must know) is to melt and stretch a “styrene” sprue.

Use a piece of sprue a couple of inches long or more, hold the center over an open flame until one end droops then pull both ends stretching the melted center. You can regulate the thickness of the strand buy how fast and far you pull the ends apart.

During the stretching you also can wrap it around a small bundle of pipe or logs or such. I wrap it around various sizes of tubes several times to represent coiled wire and if your careful wrap it slowly around a small tube to make coil springs.

Once you’ve tried and tested this you can make many different things.

Sam Clarke

R&D / Tech Advisor / Artist

Kadee Quality Products Co.

mail@...