Re: Suggestions For Wire Load Ties

Bob Werre

I put together that package of the pipe for loads maybe 10-14 years ago.  It worked out fine and as I recall you used a wooden dowel as an armature.  I later made up some larger diameter pipe using corrugated material sold by Triangle models (S scale--not sure if it's still available from the new owner though).  It was slightly thicker but worked out well--just don't drop something on the car or you'll have scrap metal load!  I used Chartpack for strapping.  A good friend used scrap exposed and processed litho film, then painted the final few scale inches with red paint--that was perfect.

Bob Werre

BobWphoto.com