Re: ADHESIVE PROBLEM

Dennis Storzek

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 02:08 PM, WILLIAM PARDIE wrote:
The plastic parts seem the be a very slick plastic that is resistant to Testors liquid plastic cement.
I've done extensive modification to some American Limited diaphragms some years ago (don't recall if they were gray or black) and was able to use solvent cement, but I suspect they are ABS and the acrylic component is pretty resistant to Testors cement. I very likely used Tenax, which is methylene chloride, which is the preferred solvent for acrylic fabrication and also happens to work with styrene. Tenax is no longer sold, but we just had a long discussion on one of these lists about alternatives.

Dennis Storzek