Re: ADHESIVE PROBLEM

Tim O'Connor

If Plastruct's ABS liquid cement does not work, I'd simply use contact cement. Any brand
(Barge, et al) You can dilute the solvent based contact cements with straight MEK - it becomes
less stringy and you can dab it on with disposable microbrushes. Let it dry on both pieces
and voila, instant permanent bond.

On 10/17/2019 5:08 PM, WILLIAM PARDIE wrote:

I am probably stretching the limits of this group but do not caboose come under freight cars?  To push things further I am completing the conversion of a Harriman Southern Pacific coach to a caboose.

I have encountered a problem with the American Limited diaphrams.  I have used their gray diaphrams in the past with great success.  First this project I have black units.  The plastic parts seem th be a very slick plastic that is resistant to Testors liquid plastic cement.  Has anyone has a similar experience and what was the solution?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hope to see many of you in Lysle.

Bill Pardie
--