Re: ADHESIVE PROBLEM

Tim O'Connor

I don't understand this - I've never had much luck with Tenax (methylene chloride) with ABS parts
especially the old Plastruct stuff. ABS is NOT an acrylic material.

On 10/18/2019 6:11 PM, John Sykes III via Groups.Io wrote:
If you think the plastic is ABS, methylene chloride should work fine.  If it is a plastic more like delrin, I would suggest the primer-glue combination of LocTite 770 primer and 401 cyanoacrylic cement.  The primer gives the delrin a chemical level "tooth" that allows the CA to grab, so it only needs to go on the delrin part.  I've used it to glue broken delrin trucks and similar parts together.

--John
--
*Tim O'Connor*
*Sterling, Massachusetts*