Re: SP Transfer Caboose; was Fixing Shifted Loads

Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>

Brian,

Of even more importance, you got a photo of a rare SP transfer caboose. I don't have Tony's SP caboose book, so maybe he could comment more on this car and others, especially if any were in use during our period of interest. The only one I knew of was SP 1, a car with a slightly larger cabin, that served in the Roseville Yard near the end of caboose operations.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 10/24/2019 12:43 PM, brianleppert@... wrote:
Here are two views of Southern Pacific's "load shifter" at their Taylor Yard in Los Angeles , July 1966.  Not good photos, but I was only 15 with a plastic camera.

Brian Leppert
Carson City, NV