From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Townsend via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 9:06 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Swift paint scheme

I my on-going research into the Swift & Co. freight car fleet, I have found this photo: http://www.steamerafreightcars.com/gallery/reefer/srlx12824main.html

I am in a quandary about its paint scheme. At first look the car appears to have dark sides with light lettering. Perhaps like the bright red cars with white lettering that included the large banner "Swift" to the right of the door. But the lettering on this car is the same style as used on Swift reefers two paint schemes before the all red sides.

On closer examination, I think there may be an optical illusion at work here. Notice the reporting marks and car number on the side. They appear to grade into a dark color. So I'm thinking the "lightness" of the lettering might just be an artifact of how the light is reflecting off the (glossy) paint used for the lettering. It might just be a yellow-sided car with black lettering.

What says the throbbing brain of the RealSTMFC group?

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR