From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve and Barb Hile
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 10:08 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Swift paint scheme

Curiouser and curiouser.  The orthocromatic film theory doesn't explain the example of the dark colored Swift car from Pittsburg with the 1952 Chevy billboard in the background that Doug Harding referred to.

https://historicpittsburgh.org/islandora/object/pitt%3A86.16.109/from_search/0e627706c76dfa0bd1e3411e89500dfc-91

Also, Dave Parker's made a point about "new" or "added" cars entering the 12xxx series for Swift under GAT by the mid 1930's.  Plus the car that we're discussing has those corner straps and a fishbelly underframe, both of which are not at all common among Swift cars.  Perhaps GAT was adding cars from other builders/leaseholders to the Swift fleet as needed.  Yet another challenge.

Steve