Any kind of electric coil at the bottom of your junk box.
Most of these are available at LOW cost.
Chuck Peck

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 10:40 PM WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@...> wrote:

In a discussion last week magnet wire was mentioned as a good candidate for tie downs on open loads  Does anyone have a source for small quantities for this item?  The spools that I see would last till the next milainium.

Bill Pardie

-------- Original message --------
From: Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...>
Date: 10/30/19 7:16 PM (GMT-08:00)
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Boxcar With Roof Hatches

Bob

A quick scan of the hard drive shows ACL, ATSF, BAR, BN, CN, CG, CP, D&H, DTI, EL, GN,
HS, LV, MILW, MONON, MP, N&W, NS, OAR, PC, PRR, RI, SAL, SCL, SOU, TH&B, UP, and WABASH
all had box cars with roof hatches.

And that's not a complete list. Tony mentioned the SP, too.

Tim

On 10/30/2019 5:51 PM, Bob Chaparro via Groups.Io wrote:

Boxcar With Roof Hatches

I've seen a few photos of boxcars with roof hatches for loading such commodities as aluminum dross, cement, various clays, lime and spent grain.

All of the photos I've seen are associated with shippers in the Southeast and Midwest.

Would such boxcars have served shippers in the Southwest to any degree?

Thanks.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA