Re: Evergreen Styrene Quality Control

Charles Peck

Every sort of manufacturing has to deal with tolerances.  The tighter
the tolerance, the higher the cost.  Those last few percent from perfection
can raise cost by a factor of 10 or 100 times.
At some point, the product becomes unaffordable and no one buys it.
The wise manufacturer finds a sweet spot between quality and price.
We see in our field those who sell lots of low accuracy cars and those who sell
much fewer high accuracy cars. Luckily, we have a couple in the middle.
Chuck Peck

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 8:29 PM gtws00 via Groups.Io <gtws00=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Bill, I also have found that the sheet thickness and strips vary from package to package. I always measure with my calipers and find the closest size and try to use from the same package for a project.
I have been finding my .010 to be .0115 or greater

George Toman