Re: OMI 1930-built GATC 10,000 Gal double dome tank car

Bill Kelly

NIPX 8 is listed in the 1936 Freight Tariff No. 300-A, capacities of tank cars. The owner is Northern Indiana Public Service Co. It is listed as an insulated two compartment car equipped with heater coils having a total capacity of 9901 gallons. The A compartment is 4952 gal with a 226 gal dome, the B compartment is 4949 gal with a 226 gal dome. There is also a no.6 and a no.7, both with very similar descriptions. Sure sounds like this car. Anybody have info on it after 1936 ?
Later,
Bill Kelly

On Mon, 4 Nov 2019 22:55:12 +0000 "Bruce Smith" <smithbf@...> writes:

Fred,

Just to be 100% clear, NIPX 8 did not exist in the 1950s. That’s a “post-modern” reporting mark for this list ;)

Regards

Bruce

Bruce F. Smith

Auburn, AL

On Nov 4, 2019, at 4:08 PM, Fred Jansz <fred@...> wrote:

Thanks Bruce and Tim.
Checked the historic files of this group and decided I will paint & letter for NIPX 8.
We can't ask Arnt anymore, but Jeff Lemke has a huge OMI database, maybe he comes up with more details?
regards, Fred Jansz