From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Matt Smith
Sent: Monday, November 4, 2019 12:00 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] PM Box loading with ground corn cobs.

Nice pic of car loading with ground corn cobs. I read that corn cobs used during the war effort I believe it had something to do with plastics manufacturing??? Several articles indicated local elevators shipping corn cobs for the war effort.

http://www.idaillinois.org/digital/collection/p16614coll35/id/34348/rec/62

No location but somewhere in the central Illinois area.
5/4/44 IDA Pantagraph Collection
--
Matt Smith
Bloomington, IL