Re: Gould/Tichy Tank Car (was Re: [RealSTMFC] OMI 1930-built double dome tank car)

Tim O'Connor

Tony

There's also plenty of good examples of BAD information being provided to vendors!
I think there is MORE good information that is available now than in the past, but
there's still plenty of incorrect info out there too. I'm just thankful that some
times, everything is exactly right.

On 11/5/2019 3:03 PM, Tony Thompson wrote:
Dennis Storzek wrote:

I think we all forget just how hard it was to get accurate information AND DRAWINGS back in those days. Even Irv Athearn boned up big time while following "Real railroad drawings" as the ads used to say.

   No argument, Dennis, but there are also plenty of instances from those days of dedicated modelers providing very complete info packages, and the manufacturer going ahead with something very different, usually simpler and often quite avoidably wrong.

Tony Thompson

Sterling, Massachusetts