Re: OMI 1930-built GATC 10,000 Gal double dome tank car

brianleppert@att.net

Here's my Overland tank car.  Friend Jerry Spoelma painted and weathered it.  I had asked for an appearance of having carried something awful and nasty.  Couldn't find those NITX reporting marks in any of my ORERs so guessed the best I could.  The model, OMI-3230, was built by Ajin.

I have doubts about the accuracy of some of Overland's tank cars.  For instance, three of their earliest tank imports were ACF single, double and triple dome cars.  The label on my single dome model says 8,000 gallon, but it is the same size as InterMountain's 10,000 gallon.  All three models used the same underframe and tank size.  I suspect the double and triple dome tanks are bogus.

Brian Leppert
Carson City, NV