Re: TH&B USRA 40-ton boxcar

James E Kubanick

As usual, a great looking build, Bill! Thanks for sharing and the inspiration.

Jim Kubanick
Morgantown WV

On Friday, November 8, 2019, 8:19:45 AM EST, Kemal Mumcu via Groups.Io <kemal_mumcu@...> wrote:

Looking good Bill. Can't wait to see it with paint and decals. I'll copy your notes for when I build one of mine. I happen to live a stone's throw from the shop where these were originally rebuilt so it seems fitting I should have a model in my collection.

Note: these cars were purchased in 1941 and were rebuilt when they came on the property. The brakes were updated starting 1943 and weren't finished till around 1949 I think.

Colin Meikle