Re: How's Tichy doing currently, decal thickness and all?

Roger Huber <trainpainter@...>

Obviously they have some QC issues. The first ones from them must have been remnants from Jerry Glow.

I still think people should try them rather than just throw them away. Maybe what one guy thinks is too thick may be acceptable for others. Just like cars where some don't have issues with cast on grabs and ladders while others won't accept them.

Maybe to have a reefer lettered for ABCX with thicker decals is more important than not having that car?

Opinions (like mine, too) are not gospel.

Roger Huber
Deer Creek Locomotive Works

On Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 10:14:30 AM CST, Brian Carlson via Groups.Io <prrk41361@...> wrote:

Mine were so thick they would conform to the surface. The same issue as was discussed when they first came out. I ended up cobbling several other sources.

Brian J. Carlson

On Nov 12, 2019, at 11:05 AM, Roger Huber via Groups.Io <trainpainter@...> wrote:

I'm sorry but I don't quite understand everyone wanting just throw them away. If you've already ordered and paid for them why not at least test them and see if they are good to use? Apparently from what I've read here and other places some sets are fine and others are too thick. If they are decals for a RR or company you thought enough of to buy for a piece of equipment then try them to see if they meet your standards? If they don't cut the mustard then they are easy to remove and THEN throw them away?

I haven't tried them yet but have purchased several different sets. Having been in the hobby for so many years I've worked with most brands and many have some unusual characteristics and all. I doubt if they can be much worse than the crap from Walthers we used for years.

Just my 2¢

Roger Huber
Deer Creek Locomotive Works

On Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 09:35:40 AM CST, Richard Townsend via Groups.Io <richtownsend@...> wrote:

I have a set. I’ll throw them away and save you the 8 bucks.