Re: Chasing five dollars and fifeteen cents.

Tony Thompson

Jim Dick wrote:

This collection of paperwork has "detention" listed several times so it must have been a somewhat common term.

      Reading the correspondence, about a reefer spotted for unloading, the "detention" sounds like a demurrage topic.

     Also note that the reefer makes several stops here. Is there anyone who has modeled that?

      The retired PFE Car Service Manager I interviewed stated that partial unloadings were rare in his experience, but that was the produce business. I have heard it was fairly common in the meat business.

Tony Thompson