Re: Chasing five dollars and fifeteen cents.

Tim O'Connor

Jim that is awesome!! And they did it all without computers or email - or evidently
even the phone! I would never have thought a load of CORN in a reefer would be partially
unloaded in one place and then sent on to another destination. It makes me wonder what
the threshold for payment disputes was before the case went to a PUC or the ICC. =-O

On 11/12/2019 10:08 PM, np328 wrote:
    Here is another file I found concerning billing, and copies of waybills.  Presented not to make fun of accountants. However I have to wonder how much time and labor was expended here.
And of the thought that in the 1950's, five dollars was worth a lot more.
This collection of paperwork has "detention" listed several times so it must have been a somewhat common term.
     Also note that the reefer makes several stops here. Is there anyone who has modeled that?
From NP files found at the Minnesota Historical Society. ( After I die, I hope some day to have my ashes spread in the NP files at the MHS and then maybe, I can get in some real research time.)
Again presented for your education or amusement.                                                                                             Jim Dick - Roseville, MN

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts