Re: Looking for car colors and road numbers

Tim O'Connor

The Tichy flat car is nearly correct as is for

   ACL, CG, CN, FEC, GN, L&N, NC&StL, SAL, SP&S, SSW, and T&P

Champ produced an excellent decal set for the kit
HC-646

NOT - UP, SP, WP, D&RGW, AT&SF or C&NW

On 11/1/2019 11:30 PM, Bill Lugg wrote:
I'm working on a six pack of HO scale Tichy 50 ton, 40 foot flat cars and have decided to letter them for six different roads.  I model the UP in the 1950-1953 time frame so I'm thinking of using UP, SP, WP, D&RGW, AT&SF and C&NW as my road choices. My question is are there online resources that will tell me what color to pain the car and what number series would be valid for each road in this time frame?  I've done some searching on Google, but have come up dry so far.  Photos would be even better if they're out there.

Thanks
Bill Lugg

Sterling, Massachusetts