Revenue Divisions Between Railroads

Bob Chaparro

Revenue Divisions Between Railroads

This is part of a discussion on the CB&Q Group about car routing. What caught my eye was the mention about revenue divisions between railroads being confidential. Seems to make good business sense.

Fred Crissey stated,

"Railroads divided revenue amongst themselves and these agreements were confidential. When I was in the Q Sales Department I dealt with the auto companies and other firms and when we tried to figure out our assigned car requirements we needed to know how much CBQ revenue would be generated for each assignment. The CBQ revenue division was a key number and the Divisions folks in Chicago (part of the Rate Department) would give me the divisions verbally only and with instructions that this was confidential information."

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA