Re: How's Tichy doing currently, decal thickness and all?

Tony Thompson

Dick Harley wrote:

Tichy PFE decals have lettering that is the wrong size and shape - some too big, some too small.  The numbers are the wrong size, and their shape is nowhere near what PFE (and SP and UP) used.  The UP medallions are the wrong shape and style.

Compare lettering to the SPH&TS painting & lettering book, or new Microscale sets 87-501 or 60-501.  Compare medallions to the book or Microscale 87-414 or MC-4021.
Tichy's PFE artwork is just not accurate - or even close.

     Dick is exactly right. I haven't bought any Tichy PFE decals, because I rely on the "gold standard," the new Microscale sets with Dick's superb artwork, taken from PFE drawings. But I recently looked at a friend's PFE set from TIchy, and as Dick says, not even close. I have no idea what, if anything, these decals are based on, but obviously not the prototype. Caveat emptor.

Tony Thompson