The Airhose bracket on the SSW is rubber Hi-Techs and the DL&W is plastic Kadee with those crappy flimsy hoses replaced with black wire.
As for the deck, that is a strong point of the Tichys. Attached is a set of images of the paint sequence.
- Gray solvent based primer (ModelMaster in this case).
- Swipes of thinned acrylic paint colors of the usual suspects: burnt & raw umbers & siennas, black, gray
- A thinned acrylic paint oxide or boxcar red wash
- Followed by a black artists oils wash
- Followed by good old Dullcoat.
Apologize for the bandwidth on STMFC, but never have shared this on Resin Freight Cars, because these ain't resin!