Re: NP Wood Reefer

Dennis Storzek

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 05:05 PM, brianleppert@... wrote:
Photo of NP 92238 I bought from Arnold Menke at O Scale West. Photo taken Portland, OR in Nov. 1936 and shows a still different underframe.
That appears to be the same underframe as in the photo of 94631 that Aaron posted a couple pages back. Might I suggest that this is also a re-built/re-numbered car? You'll notice that these cars with two truss rods have no steel side sills, just the wood sills behind the sheathing. I think lack of a full compliment of steel sills puts them in the steel center sills category, even though they have steel body boldters and crossbearers.

Dennis Storzek