Re: Wedge Plow Blades

mark_landgraf

After looking thru a bunch of freight guides, Milw had some very similar plows. These appear to have about a 6-7 foot front radius and about a 2-3 foot radius at the exit. Milw drawings are available at the Milw Public Library.

The Russell wedge plows seem to be using the same math as above, but it is certainly mounted differently.

If i had to make one of these, I would start with piece of doweling placed in the lathe and cut to the correct dimensions and rate of taper. Sand it smooth and coat it with graphite. Then using 10-20 thou styrene and a heat gun I'd get the basic curved shape. Make two pieces. You'll need to cut the mating line on a compound miter. I figure I'd need to make 3-4 attempts before before I'd get the correct relationship. Then trim up the edges. Good luck.

Mark

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 10:59 PM, mark_landgraf via Groups.Io
<mark_landgraf@...> wrote:
I was hoping somebody would say Milwaukee or Rock Island or MoPac or CNW.

Mark

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 10:44 PM, Nelson Moyer
<npmoyer@...> wrote:

GN had identical blades as far as I can determine. Maybe the GN faithful will confirm that assertion?

Nelson Moyer