Re: Looking for car colors and road numbers (Tichy Flatcars)

Tony Thompson

RJ Dial wrote:

Step 23 of the Owl Mountain SP F-50 flatcar instructions says "Paint Specs called for SP Flatcars to have decks painted flatcar red".   The instructions references some book by a guy named Anthony W. Thompson called "Southern Pacific Freight Cars Vol 3" for photos.

       I have no idea where Jason Hill got this idea. There is no such "paint spec" in my book, nor does any photo I have ever seen of an SP flat car suggest a painted deck. I suspect Jason's citation of my book is for overall information, not that specific paint detail. At least I hope so.

Tony Thompson