Intermountain PFE Reefer Issue

Nelson Moyer

I hate preordering because we’re buying pigs in pokes, in the most recent case, multi-colored pigs in pokes. I pre-ordered twelve steel and wood PFE reefers. The first six have arrived over the past two years. Among these six cars, there are three distinctly different roof/end colors, as shown in the accompanying photo. We have light oxide, sort of mineral red, and sort of brown. Why can’t Intermountain produce cars with consistent paint colors between batches? Am I doomed to receive three more color variants among the next six cars I preordered? I defer to Tony Thompson as to which if any of the extant roof/end colors is ‘correct’.

This ridiculous state of affairs persists because modelers don’t rise up in mass and stop it. If you don’t like multi-colored roofs/ends in your PFE reefer blocks, do something!

End of rant.

Nelson Moyer