Re: Intermountain PFE Reefer Issue

Nelson Moyer

Agreed for the mineral red and brown roofs and ends, but not so much for the light oxide roofs. If I can find proper decals to piece together the end lettering, I’ll repaint the roof and ends of those cars. They look worse in person than shown in the photos.

Nelson Moyer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Garth Groff and Sally Sanford
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 4:46 AM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Intermountain PFE Reefer Issue

Nelson,

I appreciate your frustration, but surely you weather your cars? After several years of service, no two PFE reefers would have perfectly matched. Weathering can hide a host of sins.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 8:21 PM Nelson Moyer <npmoyer@...> wrote:

I hate preordering because we’re buying pigs in pokes, in the most recent case, multi-colored pigs in pokes. I pre-ordered twelve steel and wood PFE reefers. The first six have arrived over the past two years. Among these six cars, there are three distinctly different roof/end colors, as shown in the accompanying photo. We have light oxide, sort of mineral red, and sort of brown. Why can’t Intermountain produce cars with consistent paint colors between batches? Am I doomed to receive three more color variants among the next six cars I preordered? I defer to Tony Thompson as to which if any of the extant roof/end colors is ‘correct’.

This ridiculous state of affairs persists because modelers don’t rise up in mass and stop it. If you don’t like multi-colored roofs/ends in your PFE reefer blocks, do something!

End of rant.

Nelson Moyer

Attachments: