Re: ATSF Sk-O Stock Car Air Reservoir Position

Nelson Moyer

Thanks, Bill. I have Sandifer’s book, and other stock cars had transverse air reservoirs, so I surmised that the Sk-O would also have them. Different roads handled KC to AB brake system conversions differently. The CB&Q mounted all three components on the same side of the center sill on SM-16/18 conversion, and the air reservoir was in line with the center sill. It’s always best to ask, rather than speculate.

Nelson Moyer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of WILLIAM PARDIE
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2019 4:53 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] ATSF Sk-O Stock Car Air Reservoir Position

Nelson they were mounted in a travers orientation.

Very few Santa Fe cars had the reservoir mounted parallel to the center sill.  Most were cars with a Durea underframe.  I believe that the Bx38 war emergency car had the parallel mounting.  I'm not at home right now and can't verify that.

Bill Pardie