From: Dennis Storzek <destorzek@...>
To: main <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Dec 2, 2019 12:49 pm
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] NPDX 60235 circa 1924

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 05:11 AM, Brian Rochon wrote:
http://lists.railfan.net/erielackphoto.cgi?erielack-12-02-19/X3418.jpg
Interesting car. I'm away from my reference material; could someone check if it is a nominal 36' car, please? I note the underframe, end sills, and striker casting / drawbar carrier are identical to the NYC designed items on the car that was the prototype for the Accurail 36' boxcar, in fact, the car could be kitbashed from our wood end 36' boxcar and our wood reefer sides. I know the NKP had identical boxcars to the NYC version, likely ordered by NYC for the Lake Erie & Western before they sold that road to the NKP. It would appear that these cars have the same origin, but I was unaware that the NYC had a reefer version of these cars.

Dennis Storzek

--
Hey Boss,

Somehow I got deleted from this group in late May. I guess someone didn't like me. Jail is a lonely place.

Greg MartinĀ