Re: RI 264000 lettering

Norm Buckhart

Ron - this could have been renumbered but may be what you are looking for.  norm buckhart

On Dec 8, 2019, at 8:31 AM, mopacfirst <ron.merrick@...> wrote:

I have a RI 264000 series single-sheathed double door box (Rocket Express) almost ready to paint.  I'm looking for the lettering style from the mid-late 50s, either as a general service car or as a hide car.  There are plenty of photos on line of RI 264070, freshly restored to its as-built paint scheme, but none in-service late in life.

I can assume that, beyond the reporting marks and data, that there probably would not have been a herald or ROCK ISLAND lettering on the car.  Is this likely?  And reporting marks - Roman or gothic?

Ron Merrick