Re: Another "What do I do with this" quiz

Dennis Storzek

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 03:30 PM, Kemal Mumcu wrote:
Clark's model has dreadnought ends?
Clark's model has 7/8 corrugated ends. While it's true that all this style boxcar built for CNR had single sheathed ends, they did receive an order of door and a half automobile cars that were 9'-0" IH and had corrugated ends. 9'-0" quickly proved to be too small for an auto car, and these were subsequently rebuilt as single door boxcars with steel doors, keeping their original steel ends. That's the prototype for the Accurail 4400 and 4500 series carbody. I unfortunately don't have number series info at my finger tips.

I thought Rail Model Journal did a later article on prototypes for the nine panel Z bar cars with steel ends.

Dennis Storzek