how were the seams or joints sealed?
thanks
mrl perry

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019, 12:31 AM Fred Jansz <fred@...> wrote:
Guys,

I have copies of the Pullman drawings, pictures of the cars in question and I can assure you the roof of these cars consisted of overlapping steel sheets through their lifes from 1916-1983.
Like I wrote before:
- 10 sheets of 3' 5"
- 2 (end) sheets of 3'-3 7/16"
There were NO outside battens, but inside ribs.
Also the caboose roof did not have battens.
The MM drawings are not 100% correct: especially the roof, which has one weird smaller panelĀ  somewhere halfway the roof. See drawing:

And the accurail car is a bad stand-in: roof is wrong, underbody is wrong, it's too tall and ....sigh.

Fred Jansz