Re: Building GN and CB&Q Truss Rod 40-Foot Boxcars

Nelson Moyer

Nothing ‘wrong’ with slotted screws, but RTR cars have mostly Philips. I started with slotted because I couldn’t source 2-56 Philips in the lengths I needed locally, but as I got serious about resin building, I ordered 500 each of four Philips 2-56 lengths. I swap out the slotted screws when cars need maintenance so I don’t have to hunt for the right screwdriver, a Philips #0 does it all. I find Philips easier to use than slotted. I standardized on Pan 2-56 Philips for both trucks and couplers as a matter of convenience.

Nelson Moyer

On Dec 10, 2019, at 4:34 AM, Bill Welch <fgexbill@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

What is wrong with slotted screws, I have 400 of them?! Well truthfully I have probably used 100 from that 400 screw order. And then there are the 400+ models already built. Have I messed up using slotted screws? Will my models fall apart?

Bill Welch