Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [PRR] Help with early steel shipment and coiled steel shipment cars

James E Kubanick

Elden,

I'm not sure if this fits into what you're looking for, but I have attached a Howard Ameling photo of a B&O O-63d coil gondola, FYI. A group of O-59's were modified for coil service and re-classified into O-63d's.

Jim Kubanick
Morgantown WV

On Thursday, December 12, 2019, 11:41:00 AM EST, Gatwood, Elden J SAD <elden.j.gatwood@...> wrote:

Curt, and all;

I am most interested in cars between the earliest photos I can find, in the mid-thirties, to the dedicated cars of the mid-fifties thru sixties.  I have not been able to re-join the MFCL list, since their migration, for some reason.

I am very interested in cars of Wabash, DT&I, NKP, B&O, C&NW, ATSF, RI, P&WV, NH, C&O, NYC, all of whom were on a parallel track with the PRR.  There is a lot of great correspondence between the RRs in the PRRT&HS archives, which I'd like to share at some point.

Thanks!

Elden Gatwood