Re: Building GN and CB&Q Truss Rod 40-Foot Boxcars

Paul Woods <paul@...>

I don't cringe at the sight of people using slotted screws; I get jealous!  I have very little success with slotted screws and I don't do much better with Phillips or Pozidrive screws either, largely thanks to nerve damage from a car wreck of twenty years ago making my fingers slightly numb..  Fortunately it is now very easy to source a vast variety of styles of [metric] screws with hex or torx drives.  I particularly like hex-drive, for being able to stick the screw onto the driver bit, making it a one-handed job to start the screw - a huge advantage for a fumblefingers like me.

Regards
Paul Woods

Whangarei, NZ.