Re: 3D pantograph mold making

Doug MacLeod

Don, I had my 3D Frederick Deckel pantograph since 2004 and hardly used it as the 2D Gordons pantographs do about everything I want.  Gordon 2D pantographs have a taper attachment which is a nice feature when needed.

A CNC mill is almost a requirement on time consuming projects.  The plastic injection molds I make are in brass or aluminum.  Steel molds take ten times or more to make than brass or aluminum.  CNC machining would be the only way to go.  CNC machining is a whole different concept.  A CAD drawing is required  and drawing with CAD is time consuming.  I still like the basic machining methods best.

Doug

Sent from Mail for Windows 10