Re: West India Fruit & Steamship Company Historic Film

John Barry

Speculation on:

Apples, cherries, and other tree fruits that need a winter frost.
Canned goods that needed insulation from heat or cold enroute.

Speculation off.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights
Lovettsville, VA

707-490-9696

PO Box 44736
Washington, DC 20026-4736

On Sunday, December 15, 2019, 1:32:14 AM EST, mel perry <clipper841@...> wrote:

a pfe reefer to cuba at 10:45, wonder
what was being exported?
mel perry

On Sat, Dec 14, 2019, 10:06 PM Bob Chaparro via Groups.Io <chiefbobbb=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

West India Fruit & Steamship Company Historic Film

Railroad coverage starts about four minutes into the film. The film appears to end without full coverage of exports to the U.S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLO0qNmSZ7s

Description: "This is a short film about the West India Fruit and Steamship Company based out of West Palm Beach, Florida. It was made as a promotional film for the company I believe in the 1950's. The company was created by my cousin, Daniel E. Taylor and his three brothers from Sea Level, NC. They went on into business and needed a way to ship their products to and from Cuba. There are several shots of Jacksonville area."

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA