Re: SP/SSW "DF" loader symbol decal: Is the one"

Tony Thompson

Bill Welch wrote:

I looked first on the Microscale website for the attached "DF" Loader symbol used by the SP and SSW and maybe others. Does anyone know if this is available anywhere? I think the "DF" and border are yellow. Can anyone advise the background, border and letter colors please?

     Background color was an orangish-yellow, as Norm Buckhart showed. This has been done in bright yellow by some manufacturers (incorrectly), but was once done right by Walthers in HO scale. Border and letters are black.
      If you have my SP boxcar book, the lettering drawing for this is on page 354.

Tony Thompson