Brewery Locomotive ID

Doug Auburg

I grew up with this “locomotive” being a part of the everyday scenery in Vancouver.

As others have said, it was a Bulldog Mac.  For most of its life working as the switcher for the Lucky Larger Brewery in Vancouver, Washington it looked stock.  The story I’ve heard is that sometime in the ‘60’s students at the local community college (Clark College) decided it should look more like a steam loco and fabricated the sheet metal body shown in the picture.  The truck was routinely stored on the street outside the brewery, so was a common sight when driving by.  There was track in the street up the to brewery and the Mack was used to move box cars between the brewery and the SP&S (later BN) yard.

The truck disappeared when the brewery was closed.

Doug Auburg

Battle Ground WA