Re: Brewery Locomotive ID

Doug Auburg

1c.

Re: Brewery Locomotive ID
From: espee4441
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 17:20:59 PST

Was the brewery in Battle Ground or Vancouver? My quick search didn't yield an address. Never explored your neck of the woods but certainly been along the mainlines enough times. Funny thing about it being brewed up in Olympia after 85 since I remember the "Oly" sign so clearly in 87.
Tony Pawley

Tony,

The brewery was located in Vancouver in the block between Washington and Columbia Streets and, as I recall, between 6th & 8th Streets.  Theres a Hilton Hotel & a convention center on that block now.  The track was on Columbia Street and ran south toward the SP&S mainline which headed east from Vancouver.  The SP&S grade is elevated at this point with Columbia Street passing underneath.  I dont recall how or where the siding joined SP&S track though I suspect that it turned to the west and joined at or near the Vancouver rail yard as the mainline is at grade over there.

There was a giant red neon Lucky Larger sign on the top of the brewery that was the highlight of the Vancouver skyline when exiting the Interstate Bridge which carries I-5 across the Columbia River from Oregon to Washington (see attached picture I found on line).

Doug

(if this is a second posting, I apologize.  I got a kickback indicating that my first try was rejected)

View/Reply Online | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute Topic | Top ^ | New Topic