Grace Tank Car

bn2204

G'Day Gents,

I'm always on the lookout for photos of steam era freight cars that will fit my August - September 1979 timeframe, and the other night, I came across this photo of a GYRX 168

https://www.pjv101.net/film_bw/pjv01602.htm
Photo #1489_040

To me, this appears to be a car with an ACF frame, and a third party tank. Southern Car & Foundry has a car that is very close to the tank car illustrated above, but is a replica of a tank car built by General American.

http://southerncarandfoundry.com/product/gatx-1638-2-compartment-tank-kit/

With the exception of a few rivets, and ladders, the tank on the model is a near match to the tank illustrated in the photo of GYRX 168. The underframe is another matter, and is where I need the expertise of the folks on this list. Which ACF frame would best work for this car, or is it a frame from a different builder?

Thanks in advance,

Darrall Swift - Lagrange, Ohio
Modeling the BN/MILW in North Central Montana,  Great Falls to Shelby,  Circa: August-September 1979